- Connect RS-485 Devices to your USB Port
- Perfect for Field Service Applications
- Small – Fits easily into any laptop bag
- USB Port Powered
- USB 2.0 (12 Mbps) Compatible
- RS-485 Data rates up to 921.6 Kbps
- Removable Terminal Block for Easy Wiring
- High Retention USB Connector
- Supports Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32/64 bit), 8 (32/64 bit)
Universal Serial Bus (USB) has become the connectivity workhorse of today’s PCs, replacing the familiar serial ports. However, many commercial and industrial devices still use the RS-485 interface. To connect these devices to modern PCs, you need a simple and reliable conversion solution. The 485USBTB-2W and 485USBTB-4W offer this solution in a space saving, USB Port powered package.
Simply install the drivers supplied on CD ROM and plug the converter into an available USB port on your computer or USB hub. The device will show up as an additional COM port in the Windows Device Manager which is fully compatible with your Windows applications. Select the 485USBTB-2W for RS-485 2-wire applications or the 485USBTB-4W for RS-485 4-wire applications. Locked serial number versions are also available (see the installation notes in the driver section). A one meter USB cable is included.
Operating System Support for all models: Windows 2000, XP (32 / 64 bit), Vista (32 / 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 / 64 bit), Windows 8 (32/64 bit), 2003 and 2008 Server (32 / 64 bit).
485USBTB-4W & 485USBTB-4W-LS
- Asynchronous Serial Protocol: RS-485 (2-Wire)
- Signals Supported: TDA (-), TDB (+), RDA (-), RDB (+)
- Serial Connector: Removable Terminal Block
- Data Rate: Up to 921.6 Kbps
- USB Standards: USB 2.0
- Power: USB Port Powered, Low Power Device
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70 C